Jameson Distillery Bow St. (https://bathroomrenovationdublin.ie/) is an Irish whiskey traveler attraction located simply off Smithfield Square in Dublin, Ireland. Jameson Distillery Bow St. is the initial site where Jameson Irish Whiskey was distilled till 1971. It is now a visitors centre that offers guided tours, tutored whiskey tastings, JJs bar and a present store.
The initial distillery on this site was called the Bow Street Distillery and was established in 1780. John Jameson took complete ownership (he was previously the general manager) and broadened the distillery in 1805. By 1810, the operation was formally relabelled to John Jameson & Kid’s Bow Street Distillery. The distillery grew to upwards of 5 acres (2 ha) in size by 1886.
At this time, it was explained by lots of as a “city within a city”. The distillery also housed a Smithy, Cooperage, saw mills, engineers, carpenters, painters and coppersmiths’ stores. Water for the distillery originated from two deep wells dug beneath the site. Cellars were also dug below close-by streets to keep maturing whiskey, while 4 stills and 2 wash stills, each holding 24,000 gallons (109,000 L), were heated by both fire and steam coils above.
Following a challenging duration that consisted of American Prohibition, Ireland’s trade war with Great Britain, and the intro of Scotch mixed whiskey, the Jameson distillery fell on tough times and decided to form the Irish Distillers Group with their previous rivals, the Cork Distilleries Company and John Power & Son in 1966. Eventually, it became one of the last distilleries in Ireland to close in 1971. The operation was then moved out of Dublin to the New Midleton Distillery.
Learn more about Christ Church Cathedral